Sweet Potato Casserole is likely a side dish on many Thanksgiving tables. This is another dish that I grew up enjoying at every holiday gathering. This specific recipe is my MawMaw’s specialty and we always request for her to make it when we have gatherings. I love the dish and I always save it on my plate as the last thing that I enjoy kind of like a dessert after my meal.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Makes one 10 x 12 pan
- 3 baked sweet potatoes OR 2 pkg frozen sweet potato patties (cooked)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- With a hand mixer, mix together cooked sweet potatoes, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the topping ingredients of brown sugar, flour, & melted butter.
- Lightly butter a baking dish and evenly spread the sweet potato mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture on top and cover with chopped pecans.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 30-40 minutes.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Card