Today I am sharing a recipe that I make at least once a month! I’ll start off by saying that I LOVE my Instant Pot! It’s such a huge game changer when it comes to cooking and takes so much time out of the process. I love to cook, but sometimes, I’m too busy to prep and prepare a full homecooked meal. That’s exactly where the Instant Pot comes in. It makes it so easy to cook a delicious meal without having to stand over the stove watching it. This recipe for potato soup is one of my favorites to make in my Instant Pot.
INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 32oz veggie OR chicken stock
- 6 cups cubed Yukon gold potatoes
- 1- 8oz block of cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- crumbled bacon
- chopped green onions
- grated cheddar cheese
- Use the “Saute” feature on your pot to saute the onion in butter until onions are soft
- Add in minced garlic and saute for approx. 1 minute
- Press the “Cancel” button on your pot
- Add in veggie (or chicken) stock and potatoes and stir the mixture to combine with the onion and garlic
- Secure the lid on your post and set your pot using the “Manual” button to 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes are up and the timer goes off, allow the pot to vent completely before removing the lid.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted and then use a potato masher to mash the potatoes to achieve your desired consistency. I prefer to leave a few chunks in mine.
- Season with salt & pepper and garnish with desired toppings