I get lots of questions about the grooming products that I use for my pups so I thought that I would do a Friday Favorite blog post dedicated to grooming products this week. I groom all three of my girls myself and have been using most of these products for years because I love the way that they work.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT SOME OF THE LINKS PROVIDED ARE AFFILIATE LINKS AND I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE USING THOSE LINKS. IT DOES NOT COST YOU ANY EXTRA WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AND I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT OF THIS BLOG IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO.
- Chris Christensen Oval Pin Brush, 20mm: This is our everyday brush
- Chris Christensen A5I Mark I Slicker, X-Small: This brush is my favorite to get out tangles and mats. Be careful not to get too close to the skin with this one though as it is quite prickly.
- Chris Christensen Buttercomb Course Tail Comb, 7.5″: This is the brush that I use to put in top knots and piggy tails. I use the pointed end to part the hair nice and straight. The comb side is also good for helping to get out tangles.
- Chris Christensen 006 Face Fine/Coarse Buttercomb: This is an absolute necessity for dogs who have long facial hair. It’s a tiny comb with tiny teeth that make it really easy to navigate around smaller areas around the face. I use it to remove eye goopies when needed and it works great.
- Chris Christensen Spectrum Ten Shampoo-16 ounce: I use this shampoo as our every week shampoo whenever I’m not using a specialty shampoo.
- Chris Christensen Spectrum Ten Conditioner, 16-ounce: I love how soft and silky this conditioner makes my girls hair and I use it every time that they get a bath.
- Chris Christensen White on White Shampoo for Pets,16 fl.oz.: I only use this shampoo once every 6 weeks to brighten up my girls coats and it works wonders. I use as directed and follow up the shampoo with the Spectrum Ten Conditioner.
- SPA Lavish by TropiClean Tear Stain Remover, 8oz: I use this shampoo on their faces each day if needed. It’s a gentle formula and helps to remove any stains and keep their faces bright white. I find that using a baby washcloth helps applying this really easy.
- Adalynn Series 7″ straight shears: Chris Christensen scissors are definitely not cheap but they are a great investment if you plan to groom your pup yourself. Please exercise extreme caution when using these around your dog as they are extremely SHARP! The exact pair that I have are no longer available but these are similar. I use these to trim around my girls’ faces, feet, and ears. I have had mine for about 7 years now and they cut just as good as the day that I got them. Again they are incredibly sharp and if you are inexperienced using scissors around your dog, I would not recommend these to start out.
- Wahl Professional Animal ARCO Cordless Clipper Kit Purple: These clippers are AMAZING! They are super lightweight, not loud, don’t vibrate like crazy in your hand, and best of all they are cordless! I purchased these last year and they have made grooming a breeze. I use these with the combs linked below.
- Wahl Professional Animal 5in1 Stainless Steel Comb Set: These are the combs that I use with my Wahl cordless clippers. I use the purple one for Aysia and Lollypop’s bodies and the tan for Bailey. The stainless steel construction makes them glide through the hair much easier than plastic ones do.
I am completely self taught (with the help of YouTube) when it comes to grooming my girls so I am no expert but if you have any specific grooming questions feel free to leave them below. Also let me know if you have any favorite products that you think that we should try out.