I’m so excited to share this adorable spring treat recipe with you today. Easter is quickly approaching and these little nests would make the most adorable addition to an Easter tablescape! It’s such an easy project that you can let the kids help out too.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nests Recipe
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 box shredded wheat (BIG BISCUITS)
- 2 – 23oz. bags milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- The box of Big Biscuit shredded wheat has smaller packages inside. You only need 4 of the packages to make this recipe.
- Gently pull apart the shredded wheat, place it into a bowl, and set it aside.
- Pour both bags of milk chocolate morsels into a microwave safe dish and microwave in 30-second intervals. Take the dish out every 30 seconds and stir the chocolate completely scraping the sides and bottom of the dish before putting it back into the microwave. Heat until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth being careful not to overheat it because it can burn.
- Stir the melted butter and peanut butter into the chocolate until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture onto the shredded wheat and gently fold it in until all of the shredded wheat is covered.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment paper and carefully shape into nests.
- Add chocolate eggs into each nest and allow them to set for at least 45 minutes before serving.