Today is day 4 of Blogmas and it’s National Cookie Day! There was no question about the blog post that I was going to share today. It’s a recipe for my family’s favorite cookie, chocolate chip oatmeal pecan.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cream together sugar and shortening
- Mix in eggs and vanilla
- Add in brown sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, and mix until dough is formed.
- Stir in quick cooking oats, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
I love to eat them when they are still warm and the chocolate is melted.
Use a spatula to move them to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before you stack them or place them in a storage container.
Welcome family and friends into your home with these delicious cookies this holiday season! Rumors are that Santa really enjoys these too 😉
Click to print the recipe card: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookie Recipe