It’s been a while since I’ve posted something here on the blog. It’s been a really busy summer starting a new business and managing all of the things I was still doing before. Today I wanted to share a recipe for the most delicious pasta that I made a few weeks ago. I’m the only vegetarian in my family and when I cook for everyone, I have to figure out how to make something for both the meat eaters and myself. This particular recipe I used Quorn chicken cutlets for myself and chicken for everyone else.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (I use Tony Chachere’s)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12oz penne pasta
- Use 1 tbsp of olive oil to coat the chicken and season each piece with Cajun seasoning.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a skillet and cook chicken then set aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and saute the garlic.
- Whisk in cream and lemon zest and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in parmesan and continue stirring until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Serve with one sliced chicken breast topped with Roma tomatoes and parsley.